About the client
Emmy-nominated actor and comedian Vir Das doesn’t need a long introduction, so we will keep it short! As an actor he’s known for movies like Delhi Belly (2011), Go Goa Gone (2013), and set to star in a Judd Apatow film next. As a comedian, he’s performed at over 100 stand-up comedy shows, eight TV shows and six comedy specials (One of which we were involved with in a not-insignificant way!). He’s supported by his team at Weirdass Comedy, who we collaborated with closely on our project.
In July 2020, his team at Weirdass Comedy reached out for help with marketing his comedy special ‘Inside Out’. A novelty concept borne out of the lockdown, it consisted of close to 30 paid online shows wherein he would interact directly with the audience. All proceeds from the series of shows were to be donated towards Covid-relief work.
At the time we were approached, the show was only going to be live for 10 days. And the Netflix special it is now known as was not in the offing.
We worked closely with the team at Weirdass Company, consulting them on the infrastructure that they were going to build.
- Originally, they planned to tie up with a ticketing partner but we advised against it as relying on our own infrastructure would grant us more flexibility with targeting and data analytics, and hence, bring us far better results.
- We helped the team construct a landing page to direct traffic from the ads we would be running.
We planned to run ads on these platforms: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, Google and Reddit.
- We guided the Weirdass team on the various ad messaging routes based on the types of audiences that we planned to target. As part of the campaign, we created an Instagram filter that had Vir asking people what they were looking forward to doing after the lockdown.
- Over the course of the campaign, we constantly monitored the ads with lots of audience listening to tweak and optimise them for maximum results.
- Around 21% of the total visitors returned to the website to make the final purchase, which accounted for around 78% of the total sales.